venerdì, novembre 09, 2018

So We Read On: How The Great Gatsby Came to Be and Why It Endures by Maureen Corrigan

So We Read On: How The Great Gatsby Came to Be and Why It EnduresSo We Read On: How The Great Gatsby Came to Be and Why It Endures by Maureen Corrigan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Clearly this book is for lovers of Gatsby or Fitzgerald in general; in part critical analysis of the novel and in part biography of the author, these pages will help you understand why the Great Gatsby still enjoys a worldwide reputation and how it is highly likely that with time it does not diminish. I am a lover of Fitzgerald and I never liked Zelda, but I must admit that sometimes the author of the essay tends to be even more benevolent than me towards Scott, however, several of the information about the couple's life were to me completely unknown.

Chiaramente questo libro é per gli amanti di Gatsby o di Fitzgerald in generale; in parte analisi critica del romanzo e in parte biografia dell'autore, queste pagine aiutano a capire come mai il Grande Gatsby gode ancora di una fama mondiale e come sia altamente probabile che con il tempo non diminuisca, anzi. Sono un'amante di Fitzgerald e non mi é mai piaciuta Zelda, ma devo ammettere che a volte l'autrice del saggio tenda ad essere addirittura piú benevola di me nei confronti di Scott, comunque parecchie delle informazioni riguardo la vita della coppia mi erano completamente sconosciute.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND LITTLE, BROWN & COMPANY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: