domenica, novembre 18, 2018

Review: The End of the End of the Earth: Essays

The End of the End of the Earth: Essays The End of the End of the Earth: Essays by Jonathan Franzen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Due to my total disinterest in Ornithology, I found this book boring even if I usually love Franzen also when he doesn't write fiction. There a couple of essay that I liked a lot but Italians killing birds in Albany are not to my liking. I loved the story of the South Pole journey and the one about Edith Wharton, all the rest are debatable.

Forse per via del mio totale disinteresse nei confronti dell'ornitologia, ho trovato questo libro piuttosto noioso, anche se di solito Franzen mi piace molto, anche quando non scrive romanzi. Ci sono un paio di saggi particolarmente belli ma tendenzialmente poco mi interessa dei cacciatori di frodo italiani in Albania. La storia del viaggio al Polo Sud ed il saggio su Edith Wharton mi sono piaciuti tanto, ma il resto é aperto a varie interpretazioni.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: