domenica, novembre 18, 2018

Review: A Prayer for Owen Meany

A Prayer for Owen Meany A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Strange book, but sort of hypnotic because if a way, maybe due to the plot construction or the constant forwards and backwards in time, I couldn't stop reading it. Sometimes I found it too long, a lot of words and stories I could have done without, but still Irving is a very good writer and I enjoyed his words as much as I did for "The world according to Garp".

Libro strano, quasi ipnotico perché, forse per il modo in cui la narrazione é costruita con i continui salti temporali, non riuscivo a smettere di leggerlo, anche se a volte mi sembrava un po' troppo verboso e magari avrei fatto a meno di sapere le storie di tutte le persone che i due personaggi principali incontravano, ma Irving é un affabulatore e le sue parole mi sono piaciute, tanto quanto la prima volta che ho letto "Il mondo secondo Garp".

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: