giovedì, marzo 31, 2022

Mark Rothko: From the Inside Out by Christopher Rothko

Mark Rothko: From the Inside Out

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked up this book from Netgalley because once, in Rome, I went to see one of Rothko's exhibition and even if I couldn't explain why, I found it totally fascinating. Now that I can understand his vision a little bit better the magic didn't disappear but this book is not easy and it's better if there are is previous knowledge of the artistic world in general.

Ho scelto questo libro da Netgalley perché tanti anni fa, a Roma, ho visto un'esposizione di Rothko, che non conoscevo per niente, ma che mi é piaciuta molto. Dopo la lettura di questo libro qualcosa é cambiato, ma non la magia che hanno i suoi quadri per me, comunque questo volume non é proprio semplicissimo e magari avere precedenti conoscenze di storia dell'arte puó aiutare.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND YALE UNIVERSITY PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: