martedì, luglio 25, 2023

Review: You Can Die

You Can Die You Can Die by Rebecca Zanetti
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings about this book because in my opinion the story with Abigail should have ended here and instead it goes on without any systematic breakthrough and here then Laurel again has to deal with a serial killer whom she can't discover until it's too late even though in my opinion the clues were all pretty clear from the behavior, but maybe that's me reading things in hindsight and being wrong. Anyway, other family characters arrive and it tends to get more complicated now for other reasons as well that I don't want to spoil, but in my opinion it would have been better to end the series here than to keep adding "irons in the fire."

Ho dei sentimenti contrastanti per quanto riguarda questo libro, perché secondo me la storia con Abigail avrebbe dovuto concludersi qui e invece si prosegue senza nessun sistematico passo in avanti e qui poi Laurel ha di nuovo a che fare con un serial killer che non riesce a scoprire fino a quando non é troppo tardi anche se secondo me gli indizi erano tutti piuttosto chiari dal comportamento, ma magari sono io che leggendo le cose con il senno di poi mi sbaglio. Comunque arrivano altri personaggi di famiglia e tendenzialmente ora le cose si complicano anche per altre ragioni che non voglio spoilerare, ma secondo me sarebbe stato meglio chiudere la serie qui, piuttosto che continuare ad aggiungere "carne al fuoco".

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: