venerdì, luglio 14, 2023

Review: Roman Stories

Roman Stories Roman Stories by Jhumpa Lahiri
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Beautiful collection of short stories, where to people like me who come from Rome, it really seems to relive the atmosphere of this difficult beautiful city. Also all the stories are then in the end bittersweet and gave me that melancholy feeling that envelops the city at sunset over the ruins of the forum where the transience of human life appears in all its splendor.

Bellissima raccolta di racconti, dove a chi come me viene da Roma, sembra davvero di rivivere le atmosfere di questa difficile cittá bellissima. Anche tutte le storie sono poi alla fine dolceamare e mi hanno dato quella sensazione malinconica che avvolge la cittá al tramonto sulle rovine del foro in cui la transitorietà della vita umana appare in tutto il suo splendore.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: