sabato, novembre 05, 2022

Review: Bournville

Bournville Bournville by Jonathan Coe
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Coe's model is familiar to me by now: the story of a family resting on the events of the last 70-50 years of English history. Nothing new compared to Middle England, but perhaps boredom was predominant this time as far as I was concerned. The Lamb family seems to be a copy of some of the families in past books, and English history, as well known as it is, interests me as a non-Englishman to a certain extent. Maybe next time it will be better.

Il modello di Coe mi é ormai conosciuto: la storia di una famiglia che si appoggia sugli eventi degli ultimi 70-50 anni della storia inglese. Niente di nuovo rispetto a Middle England, ma forse stavolta la noia era predominante per quanto mi riguarda. La famiglia Lamb sembra una copia di alcune delle famiglie dei libri passati e la storia inglese, per quanto conosciuta, a me che non sono inglese interessa poi fino ad un certo punto. Magari la prossima volta andrá meglio.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: