sabato, novembre 12, 2022

Augustus by John Edward Williams

Augustus

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In my opinion the worst book of the three I read written by Williams. The story of two of the greatest Roman Emperor are told like a sad telenovela, where the epistolary form of the book contributes to rend it even more convoluted, between flashback and forwards and also name changing. It's still a good book if you are into history novelization and maybe not "Roman" like me.

Secondo me il peggiore dei tre libri di Williams che ho letto fino ad ora. La storia di due dei piú grandi imperatori romani, raccontata come se fosse una telenovela triste, dove la forma epistolare del romanzo contribuisce, con i salti temporali e i cambi di nome, ad una complessitá inutile della forma per una trama poi banale. Resta comunque un buon libro, a patto che siate fanatici dei romanzi storici e non siate "romani" come me.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: