giovedì, settembre 21, 2023

Review: I Didn’t Sign Up for This: A Couples Therapist Shares Real-Life Stories of Breaking Patterns and Finding Joy in Relationships . . . Including Her Own

I Didn’t Sign Up for This: A Couples Therapist Shares Real-Life Stories of Breaking Patterns and Finding Joy in Relationships . . . Including Her Own I Didn’t Sign Up for This: A Couples Therapist Shares Real-Life Stories of Breaking Patterns and Finding Joy in Relationships . . . Including Her Own by Dr. Tracy Dalgleish
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a psychotherapist, I admit that I suffered as the author did in following the unraveling of her patients' stories, but even more I appreciated her telling along with them in the difficulties she herself encountered in her own relationship. I don't think I would have been as brave. Apart from that the stories can help people with the same difficulties and even more the psychological insights at the end of each chapter, so clear and well explained, can offer an additional point of view to the "layman."

Come psicoterapeuta ammetto di aver sofferto come l'autrice nel seguire il dipanarsi delle storie dei suoi pazienti, ma ancora di piú ho apprezzato il suo raccontarsi assieme a loro nelle difficoltà che lei stessa incontrava nella sua relazione di coppia. Io non credo sarei stata altrettanto coraggiosa. A parte questo le storie possono aiutare persone con le stesse difficoltà e ancor di piú gli insight psicologici alla fine di ogni capitolo, cosí chiari e ben spiegati, possono offrire un ulteriore punto di vista ai "profani".

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: