martedì, gennaio 16, 2024

Review: Once Upon An Algorithm

Once Upon An Algorithm Once Upon An Algorithm by Clara O’Connor
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

It seems to me that in all this effort to write contemporary romances with STEM topics, we have lost sight of the fact that plot remains a fundamental point for any book that is not an essay or is not written by a Nobel laureate in literature. The second fundamental point then with regard to romance books is of course the drama that results from misunderstanding of any genre. In both cases, this book fails rather miserably in my opinion, because the plot is rather flimsy and the drama comes from an inexplicable decision made by both characters not to talk to each other, period. That said it goes without saying that I did not like the book and I do not think I will read any more by this author.

Mi sembra che in tutto questo sforzo per scrivere dei contemporary romance con degli argomenti STEM, si sia perso di vista il fatto che la trama resta un punto fondamentale per ogni libro che non sia un saggio o non sia scritto da un premio nobel per la letteratura. IL secondo punto fondamentale poi per quanto riguarda i libri d'amore é ovviamente il dramma che deriva da un fraintendimento di qualsiasi genere. In entrambi i casi questo libro fallisce piuttosto miseramente secondo me, perché la trama é piuttosto raffazzonata e il dramma deriva da una decisione inspiegabile presa da entrambi i personaggi di non parlarsi, punto. Detto questo viene da sé che il libro non mi é piaciuto e non credo ne leggeró altri di questa autrice.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: