domenica, gennaio 28, 2024

Songs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti, Jeff VanderMeer

Songs of a Dead Dreamer and GrimscribeSongs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Very well written, some of the stories are poetical in some sort of way, dreamlike most of them. But I have to admit I didn't appreciate this sort of fantastic atmosphere that was in most of the tales, and also, I'm more a fan of Poe and King, when it comes to horror stories, than Lovercraft or Barker. So I cannot say I was disappointed because I knew what I was going to read, but I wouldn't recommend it to many people.

Storie che sono scritte benissimo, quasi poetiche e per la maggior parte oniriche. Ma devo anche ammettere che questa sorta di atmosfera fantastica che ne permea la maggior parte, non é tanto di mio gusto, anche perché se devo leggere storie "horror" mi piacciono di piú Poe e King che non Lovercraft o Barker. Quindi nonostante non sia delusa, perché sapevo a cosa andavo incontro, é anche vero che non consiglierei questo libro a molti.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: