sabato, dicembre 09, 2023

Review: How Do You Live?

How Do You Live? How Do You Live? by Genzaburo Yoshino
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I can appreciate the pedagogical intent and also place it in the context of the years in which it was written (before World War II), but if Miyazaki had not decided to make a movie out of it after such a long time that he did not draw anything, I doubt that anyone would have taken the trouble to republish it almost 100 years later.

Posso apprezzare l'intento pedagogico e anche inquadrarlo nel contesto degli anni in cui é stato scritto (prima della seconda guerra mondiale), ma se Miyazaki non avesse deciso di farci un film dopo tanto tempo che non disegnava nulla, dubito che qualcuno si sarebbe preso la briga di ripubblicarlo a quasi 100 anni di distanza.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: