lunedì, dicembre 25, 2023

The Sellout by Paul Beatty

The SelloutThe Sellout by Paul Beatty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Dense and tough for somebody who is not born and grown up in the U.S. I'm pretty sure I missed at last half of the cultural references but it was still funny, sometimes too much if you catch my drift, sometimes the author was going on and on for pages and in the end it was like a super stream of consciousness. Still a good reading.

Veramente denso e difficile per chi non é nato e cresciuto negli Stati Uniti; sono piuttosto sicura di essermi persa almeno metá dei riferimenti a film, personaggi famosi, cantanti, etc.etc. comunque un libro divertente, anche troppo a volte. L'autore riesce ad andare avanti anche per tre pagine con battute a raffica, soltanto che poi mi sentivo quasi stremata dalla lettura, come se avessi corso una maratona. Resta comunque un libro consigliabile.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: