martedì, agosto 24, 2021

The Gap of Time by Jeanette Winterson

The Gap of TimeThe Gap of Time by Jeanette Winterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This novel was really great, I probably should have appreciated even more if I read "The Winter's tale" by Shakespeare, but I didn't and I loved the book anyway. It's so well written, the story is fascinating and the characters are really great and till the end I had no idea of what was going to happen, and maybe that's one of the reason why I don't regret so much my ignorance about "the play". The best Winterson I read so far.

Questo romanzo é stato veramente bello, probabilmente lo avrei apprezzato anche di piú se avessi letto la commedia di Shakespeare da cui prende spunto: "The Winter's tale", ma ormai era tardi e il libro mi é piaciuto tanto lo stesso. È ben scritto, la storia é affascinante e i protagonisti della storia (e ce ne sono tanti) sono uno meglio dell'altro e fino alla fine non avevo idea di quello che sarebbe potuto succedere, e forse é questo uno dei pochi punti a favore del non aver letto l'originale del Bardo. Il miglior libro della Winterson che ho letto finora.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND VINTAGE. PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: