domenica, agosto 08, 2021

Review: Heartless: A Paranormal Romance

Heartless: A Paranormal Romance Heartless: A Paranormal Romance by Gena Showalter
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I don't know if maybe just starting another never-ending series weighed heavily in my not liking this book very much, or maybe at almost 50 years old, paranormal romance has had its day. I've read a lot of this author, although in this series she seems to have turned into Kresley Cole (and while she was at it, she could have finished IAD instead of starting another series). The two main characters seemed to me so excessive that even the little bit of credibility that this type of book needs, was completely missing. I think I'll live without continuing this series, but maybe I'll read the reviews of other readers to see how the secondary characters end up.

Non so se magari solo il fatto di cominciare un'altra serie infinita ha pesato molto nel mio non apprezzare poco questo libro o se magari a quasi 50 anni i paranormal romance hanno fatto il loro tempo. Per quanto poi io questa autrice l'ho letta parecchio, anche se in questa serie sembra si sia trasformata in Krlesley Cole (e giá che c'éra avrebbe potuto finire IAD invece di cominciare un'altra serie). I due protagonisti mi sono sembrati talmente tanto eccessivi, che anche quel poco di credibilitá che necessitá questo tipo di libro, mancava completamente. Penso che continueró a vivere senza proseguire questa serie, ma magari leggeró le recensioni delle altre lettrici per vedere come vanno a finire i personaggi secondari in questo libro, che sicuramente avranno il loro proprio romanzo assicurato.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: