sabato, agosto 07, 2021

Review: The Island of Missing Trees

The Island of Missing Trees The Island of Missing Trees by Elif Shafak
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As usual she is a great author, so I can forgive her for having most of the story told by a fig tree, personally I didn't even like the Ents in The Lord of the Rings, so it's definitely my problem. Too bad I don't know the history of Cyprus and have never seen it, because I think I would have enjoyed the book even more, however another remarkable performance from Elif Shafak.

Come al solito lei é una grandissima autrice, per questo le posso perdonare il fatto di aver fatto raccontare la maggior parte della storia da un albero di fico, personalmente non mi piaceva manco Barbalbero ne Il signore degli anelli, quindi decisamente é un problema mio. Peccato non conoscere la storia di Cipro e non averla mai vista, perché credo avrei apprezzato il libro ancora di piú, comunque un'altra prestazione notevole di Elif Shafak.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: