sabato, agosto 14, 2021

Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee

Go Set a Watchman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This "Go sets to Watchmen" explains very well why, when an author wrote a beautiful book, she should then leave it to itself. If I dwell on the history I can only say what it has broken my heart, Atticus Finch is the father that we would all have liked to have and Jem was a great brother, and they do not deserve the end they met. If I move to the writing it is clear that Harper Lee, although she has not published anything for 55 years, has not lost its capacity to illustrate the world in all of its faces. The problem is that even I, as much as Scout had to, have to let go of my gods and return to live in the real world; so I will then admit that I read a very good book even if almost all the things that I read in it I did not like.

Questo "Go set a Watchmen" rappresenta benissimo la ragione per cui quando un autore, o un'autrice in questo caso, scrive un libro bellissimo dovrebbe poi abbandonarlo a se stesso. Se mi soffermo sulla storia non posso che ammettere quanto mi abbia spezzato il cuore, Atticus Finch é il padre che tutti avremmo voluto avere e Jem il fratello, la fine che fanno entrambi, ritengo che personalmente non se la meritavano. Se mi sposto sulla scrittura é chiaro che Harper Lee, anche se non ha pubblicato nulla per 55 anni, non ha perso il suo smalto. Il problema é che anche io come Scout devo lasciare andare i miei dei e tornare a vivere nel mondo reale e quindi ammettere che ho letto un libro molto bello anche se quasi tutte le cose che vi ho letto non mi sono piaciute.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: