sabato, agosto 07, 2021

Review: The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don´t know if I didn´t like this book because it was too sad or if, while highlighting the social and cultural problems of the American Indian tribes, Endrich becomes a little too didactic to the detriment of the plot and the novel itself, or maybe it was just because I had high expectations, with the Pulitzer and whatnot. Anyway, I'm sure that maybe it just wasn't the right time, or maybe it's just the sad books that aren't for me.

Io non so se questo libro non mi abbia appassionato perché era decisamente troppo triste o se perché, pur di mettere in luce dei problemi sociali e culturali delle tribú degli indiani d'america, la Endrich diventa un po´ troppo didascalica a carico della trama e del romanzo stesso, o magari era solo perché avevo grosse aspettative, con il Pulitzer e quant'altro. Comunque sono sicura che magari non era solo il momento giusto o magari sono proprio i libri tristi che non fanno per me.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: