mercoledì, novembre 15, 2023

Ego Is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday

Ego Is the Enemy

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nothing particular or absolutely new in this self-help book, that mostly is a training to help us not becoming a spoiled, entitled, whining person, or, if it's too late, it should help us to reverse the process. I disagree with the author about the statement that egotistic people never search for a mentor or stopping learning altogether. I have studied all my life, but that didn't help me handle my ego; As a matter of fact I based my super inflated ego exactly on all the things I know, I learnt and still learning. Maybe it's just too late for me....

Niente di particolarmente nuovo o speciale in questo manuale di auto aiuto che dovrebbe allenare a non diventare arroganti e presuntuosi, o, se é troppo tardi, aiutarci a invertire il processo. Non sono comunque d'accordo con l'autore sull'affermazione che le persone egotistiche, sono quelle che non cercano piú niente da imparare, che non hanno un mentore, che ritengono di sapere a sufficienza. Avendo studiato praticamente tutta la mia vita, devo informarlo che questo non ha affatto diminuito il mio ego, anzi direi piuttosto il contrario, perché amo pensare a tutte le cose che so, che ho imparato e che sto imparando. O magari é solo che per me é troppo tardi....



View all my reviews

Nessun commento: