martedì, novembre 05, 2019

Review: Pity the Reader: On Writing With Style

Pity the Reader: On Writing With Style Pity the Reader: On Writing With Style by Kurt Vonnegut
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book could be summed up as if "On Writing" had been written by Groucho Marx. Jokes aside, I do not know Kurt Vonnegut so much, I read some of his books but he is not one of my favorite author, still his student Suzanne McConnell gave us such a deep knowledge of her teacher, that it seems like he is a friend of mine right now. I am not so interested in writing a book right now, but if you are, this good is one of the best place to start.

Se dovessi riassumere in breve questo libro, direi che sembra quasi "On writing" scritto da Groucho Marx. A parte gli scherzi non sono una grande esperta di Vonnegutt, ma la sua studentessa (ed autrice del libro) Suzanne McConnell ci fornisce uno spaccato cosí intenso della vita del suo professore, che mi sembra quasi sia un amico ora. Inoltre, in questo momento scrivere un libro non mi interessa particolarmente, ma se dovessi farlo, questo volume é un ottimo punto di partenza.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: