venerdì, agosto 30, 2019

The Private Patient (Adam Dalgliesh, #14) by P.D. James

The Private Patient (Adam Dalgliesh, #14)The Private Patient by P.D. James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this book because the author has just died (RIP), but it is not her first book that I read, but it could be the last because her endless descriptions of landscapes, characters and afternoon tea, tired me, even if the plots are well built. Maybe I should be English to appreciate fully her long novels, however I consider her a great writer, just not my ideal of mystery novel.

Ho letto questo libro perché l'autrice é appena morta (R.I.P.), ma non é il suo primo libro, peró potrebbe essere l'ultimo perché le sue descrizioni infinite di paesaggi, personaggi e té del pomeriggio, per quanto poi le trame siano ben costruite, mi stancano. Forse dovrei essere inglese per apprezzare il tutto appieno, comunque una grande scrittrice, solo non corrisponde al mio ideale di romanzo giallo.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: