martedì, maggio 14, 2019

Review: March

March March by Geraldine Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to admit that this one was not an easy book to read. Too much pain, too much violence, too much war...Still the first part I liked and the second I loved and this has a lot to do with my love for Louisa May Alcott's Little women. But I think the thing I appreciate most of all, is the different mother/wife March. Marmee is a real woman, with her faults and her strengths and I am really happy that this book was written by a woman, because I do not think that a man could reach the deepest understanding of a married woman soul, but this ist just my idea.

Devo ammettere che questo non é stato un libro facile da leggere. Troppo dolore, troppa violenza, troppa guerra vera....Comunque se la prima parte mi é piaciuta, la seconda l'ho proprio divorata e questo ha molto a che fare con il mio amore per "Le piccole donne" di Louisa May Alcott. indubbiamente la cosa che più di tutto ho apprezzato è la versione differente di Marmee March, che da quasi santa diventa una donna vera, con tutti i suoi dubbi, i suoi passi falsi e la sua forza interiore, che dubito uno scrittore uomo sarebbe stato in grado di descrivere in tutte le sue sfaccettature, ma magari questa é solo la mia idea.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: