martedì, maggio 03, 2016

OUT TODAY!

Zero K

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is divided in two different parts and I preferred the first one because gave me a lot to think about. The story is about dead and the relationship between a father and a son, both grown-up. De Lillo at his best with a couple of citation (Magda Szabo and Bohumil Hrabal), the meaning of art in the biggest meaning of life.

Questo libro é diviso in due parti e la prima mi é piaciuta di piú, fondamentalmente perché offre molto da pensare. La storia riguarda la morte e la relazione tra un padre e suo figlio, entrambi adulti. Credo che questo sia uno dei migliori De Lillo, con un paio di citazioni (Magda Szabo e Bohumil Hrabal) ed il significato dell'arte inserita nel piú ampio contesto rappresentato dal valore della vita.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND SCRIBNER FOR THE PREVIEW!


 
The Trouble with Temptation (The McKays, #2)
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Still trying to understand who is the villain in this trilogy, but I have to admit I quit and now I wait for the last book; in the mean time the story between Hannah and Brannon was something very entertaining to read, as I loved this two from the first book.

Sto ancora cercando di capire chi sia il cattivo di questa trilogia, ma ammetto che devo aspettare il terzo libro perché ancora non l'ho capito con certezza; nel frattempo la storia tra Hannah e Brannon é stata bella, anche perché i due mi piacevano dall'inizio.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ST.MARTIN'S PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!


 
The Untamed Earl (Playful Brides, #5)
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As usual Valerie Bowman wrote a funny and entertaining book. I love all of the previous in this series so I'm happy but I'm wondering if there was a way so redeem spiteful Lavinina, maybe in some future book.

Come al solito Valerie Bowman ha scritto un libro divertente e piacevole. Mi sono piaciuti anche tutti i precedenti quindi non mi posso lamentare, mi chiedo soltanto se non ci possa essere una possibilitá per redimere e salvare l'odiosa Lavinia, magari in futuro.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ST.MARTIN'S PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!


 
Much Ado About Highlanders
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this Scottish version of "taming the shrew" because both Alexander and Kenna were funny and the plot was not bad, and in way I have a penchant for Higlanders, so I have to read a book with them involved from time to time.

Mi é piaciuta questa versione scozzese de "La bisbetica domata", perché sia Alex che Kenna erano due bei personaggi e la trama reggeva, inoltre io ho un debole per gli Highlander, quindi di tanto in tanto, devo leggere un libro che li preveda :)

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ST.MARTIN'S PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!


 
A Useful Woman (Rosalind Thorne Mysteries #1)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this book really a lot, and it's a pity I cannot explain exactly why, I prefer non to spoiler and spoil it; but it's a really worth to read book, not only because the setting is interesting and there's a lot of research behind the plot, but also for the way it's written and the the way the author made the character interact between each other.

Questo libro mi é veramente piaciuto tanto ed é un peccato che io non mi possa dilungare sul perché, preferisco non spoilerare per non rovinare il libro; comunque vale la pena leggerlo non solo per il contesto che evidenzia un certo grado di ricerca storica ed é per me interessante (come spesso accade per i regency romance), ma anche per il modo in cui é scritto e per le modalitá di interazione tra i personaggi.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS AND BERKLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: