mercoledì, febbraio 10, 2016

OUT THIS WEEK!

Lord of the Swallows: A Malko Linge Novel

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I read many novels by Gérard de Villiers, whom I think is second only to Ian Fleming considering spying novels; SAS Malko Linge has been in my life since the beginning of my adolescence and gave me many insights about politics, history and sex. This novel anyway was a little bit too slow, not particularly brilliant and mostly boring because the plot was too linear: no double games and no counterespionage to talk of, so I was sad and disappointed, but it's just because as a constant reader I saw the best of Gérard de Villiers (R.I.P.) and it's not this novel.

Ho letto tanti libri di questo autore, che ritengo secondo soltanto a Ian Fleming nel contesto dei libri di spionaggio; Sua Altezza Serenissima Malko Linge é nella mia vita praticamente dall'inizio della mia adolescenza e mi ha sempre fornito parecchie informazioni sulla politica, la storia e il sesso. Questo romanzo tuttavia é decisamente troppo lento e non particolarmente brillante, per dirla tutta: noioso perché la trama non prevedeva né doppi giochi né un controspionaggio che sia degno di nota quindi ci sono rimasta male e delusa, ma solo perché come fedele lettore ho giá visto il meglio di Gérard de Villiers (R.I.P.) e questo libro non ne fa parte.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS AND VINTAGE CRIME/BLACK LIZARD FOR THE PREVIEW!

10 Reasons You Feel Old and Get Fat...: And How YOU Can Stay Young, Slim, and Happy!10 Reasons You Feel Old and Get Fat...: And How YOU Can Stay Young, Slim, and Happy! by Frank Lipman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It is an interesting book, well written and mostly easy to approach because the tips and suggestion are not so difficult and there are recipes and exercises so it can easily be done. In some cases anyway, also the author suggest to talk to your doctor before changing completely your lifestyle.

Libro interessante, scritto bene e con un approccio semplice che puó essere seguito sia attraverso le ricette che gli esercizi suggeriti. In alcuni casi, come suggerisce anche l'autore, é sempre meglio parlare con il medico ptrima di introdurre drastici cambiamenti.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HAY HOUSE FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: