giovedì, gennaio 30, 2014

The Passions of Dr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan

The Passions of Dr. Darcy

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Very nice spin-off from Pride and Prejudice, where it´s told the story of Fitzwilliam's uncle; a little bit too long for me, specially the first part before George met his Priya. Anyway a very good historical reconstruction, as far as I can see, of the "British India" and the life doctors used to have there. The love stories are nice, but still the second one goes a little bit too fast as far as I´m concerned. In the end I had the same pleasure as always in meeting Lizzy and Darcy again.

Spin-off carino, anche se ennesimo, di Orgoglio e Pregiudizio, dove il protagonista é George, lo zio di Fitwilliam; un po' troppo lungo per me, specialmente la prima parte, prima che il protagonista incontri la sua Priya. Comunque una buona ricostruzione storica di quella che era l'India durante la dominazione inglese e della vita dei dottori ai tempi. Le storie d'amore sono belle, ma la seconda va un po' troppo veloce per quanto mi riguarda. Come al solito é sempre un piacere reincontrare Lizzy e Darcy, anche se solo di sfuggita.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND SOURCEBOOKS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: