venerdì, gennaio 10, 2014

Constance by Patrick McGrath

Constance

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well, this I'm pretty sure is going to be my last McGrath book, even if this is not the first time I said that. Follia was perfect, Haggard not, and then slowly always worser and worser. Probably madness, split personality and mind disorders are what the author knows better, and maybe he will always be a great writer, but i think he said everything he had to say about this topic, from every possible point of view, so for me is enough.

Bene, sono quasi sicura, anche se l'ho giá detto, che questo sará il mio ultimo McGrath. Follia era perfetto, giá con Haggard aveva cominciato a non piacermi piú di tanto e poi non ha fatto che peggiorare, se escludiamo l'exploit con i racconti. Probabilmente la pazzia, i disturbi di personalitá e la dissociazione sono gli argomenti che l'autore conosce meglio e sicuramente rimarrá un grandissimo scrittore, solo che per quanto mi riguarda tutto quello che doveva dire l'ha giá detto, e da qualsiasi punto di vista, quindi per me é abbastanza.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND BLOOMSBURY USA FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: