mercoledì, maggio 10, 2023

Review: Happy Place

Happy Place Happy Place by Emily Henry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

More than a book about love, this is a book about relationships, basically friendships. Harriett and Wyn have a beautiful romance until they don't anymore. Their friends are tied to the past and struggle to find each other in the present. I like how the author managed to tell the story with the many flashbacks without driving me crazy and managing to give a style to each of the six key characters, but by the end I was a little tried by the weight of the plot.

Piú che un libro d'amore, questo é un libro sulle relazione, fondamentalmente quelle amicali. Harriett e Wyn hanno una bella storia d'amore fino a quando non ce l'hanno piú. I loro amici sono legati al passato e faticano a trovarsi nel presente. Mi piace come l'autrice sia riuscita a raccontare la storia con i tanti flashback senza farmi impazzire e riuscendo a dare uno stile a ciascuno dei sei personaggi fondamentali, ma alla fine ero un po' provata dalla pesantezza della trama.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: