martedì, ottobre 04, 2022

Review: Nights of Plague

Nights of Plague Nights of Plague by Orhan Pamuk
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It was probably not the time for me to read a book about a pandemic and how it is handled on a fictional island in the Ottoman Empire 100 years ago.
I usually like Pamuk a lot and it doesn't bother me that his books usually exceed 500 pages, but this time it was tiring to move through the colors, smells, and endless number of characters. As usual an epic fresco, but this time I struggled to read this metaphor of the present, perhaps because it is precisely the actuality that is extremely tiring.

Probabilmente non era il momento per me, di leggere un libro che parla di una pandemia e di come viene gestita in un'immaginaria isola dell'impero ottomano di 100 anni fa.
A me di solito Pamuk piace molto e non mi disturba il fatto che i suoi libri di solito superino le 500 pagine, ma stavolta é stato faticoso muoversi tra i colori, gli odori e l'infinito numero di personaggi. Come al solito un affresco epico, ma stavolta ho fatto fatica a leggere questa metafora del presente, forse perché é proprio l'attualitá ad essere estremamente faticosa.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: