lunedì, ottobre 17, 2022

Butcher's Crossing by John Edward Williams

Butcher's Crossing

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I would have never thought that I would love so much a book about butchering bison in the snow, but it happened and so I'm reading Stoner and I have Augustus on my waiting list. When this "Williams fever" came I was a little bit suspicious, I'a a snob, but I have to admit that this book is remarkable for many different reasons. If you like Cormac McCarthy, then you may also love Williams.

Non avrei mai pensato che un libro sulla caccia dei bisonti nella neve mi avrebbe preso cosí tanto, invece é successo e quindi ora comincio a leggere il tanto declamato Stoner per poi finire con Augustus. Quando é scoppiata la mania Williams il mio snobismo mi ha impedito di partecipare, ma ora devo ammettere che mi é dispiaciuto aspettare, anche perché questo, sotto tanti punti di vista, é un libro veramente notevole. Se vi piace Cormac McCarthy é possibile che adorerete Williams.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: