sabato, luglio 13, 2019

Jocasta by Brian W. Aldiss

Jocasta

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I admit that I expected a science fiction story, I mean, we're talking about Aldiss here, but instead I found myself re-reading Sophocles and to be precise the "Oedipus the King" and "Antigone", the fact is that no matter how different these two stories from the original version are, they are just beautiful and even if he made some change, especially the end of Antigone, this book is absolutely a must read.

Ammetto che mi aspettavo un racconto di fantascienza, voglio dire, stiamo parlando di Aldiss qui, ma invece mi sono trovata una rilettura di Sofocle e per essere precisi l'"Edipo re" e l'"Antigone", fatto sta che per quanto diverse dall'originale queste due storie nella versione di Aldiss sono proprio belle e anche riviste, specialmente il finale dell'Antigone. Da leggere.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HarperCollins UK, HarperPress/4th Estate/The Friday Project FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: