mercoledì, luglio 31, 2019

Review: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This book is a deadly bore, I fell asleep many times (two of which on the subway) while reading it even if I jump around the page. My first meeting with Heinlein had been Starship Troopers and it hadn't made me happy, for Stranger in a stranger Land I had appreciated the effort, but I would have cut it a lot; this story could be way shorter, but it would have been an illegible book anyway. I would say that I tried, but with Heinlein no more.

Questo libro é di una noia mortale, e anche saltando parecchie pagine mi sono addormentata tante volte mentre lo leggevo, di cui due in metropolitana. Il mio primo incontro con Heinlein era stato Starship Troopers e non mi aveva fatto impazzire, per Stranger in a stranger Land avevo apprezzato lo sforzo, ma lo avrei accorciato parecchio; questo qua poteva essere meno della metá, ma sarebbe stato comunque un libro illegibile. Direi che io ci ho provato, ma per quanto riguarda Heinlein la pratica é chiusa.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: