venerdì, giugno 28, 2019

Review: An Odyssey: A Father, A Son and an Epic

An Odyssey: A Father, A Son and an Epic An Odyssey: A Father, A Son and an Epic by Daniel Mendelsohn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a very good book, that could have been even better if shorter, just IMHO. I think that the parallelism between the Odissey, Ulisses and Thelemachus and the author's story are, sometimes, not so evident but just an excuse, still the rereading of the Odissey that I did trough this book was great and I am really happy that I read it.

Questo é un libro molto bello che avrebbe potuto essere migliore se fosse stato un centinaio di pagine piú breve, ma questo secondo me ovviamente. Penso anche che a volte alcuni parallelismi tra i protagonisti dell'Odissea e la famiglia dell'autore erano quanto meno un po' stiracchiati, ció non toglie che questa rilettura approfondita dell'Odissea mi è piaciuta molto e sono contenta di aver comprato questo libro seppur per caso.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: