martedì, giugno 25, 2019

Review: Murder in the Crooked House

Murder in the Crooked House Murder in the Crooked House by Sōji Shimada
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the second book that I read from this Japanese author and even if the style remains the same, I think that the big difference between the two books is made by the translations. I do not think that this book is worse that the previous one, but the translator of the first one didn't reduce the crime to a kindergarten story, even if nobody (sane) would read this story to children. I hope that if Puskin is going to translate all the books of this author, they will go back to the first translator.

Questo é il secondo libro di questo autore giapponese che leggo, e secondo me la differenza sostanziale tra i due, la fa la traduzione. Per quanto lo stile dell'autore resti piuttosto visibile, il secondo romanzo sembra un libro di storie da leggere ai bambini dell'asilo, per quanto nessuna persona sana di mente considererebbe questa storia materiale per bambini. Mi auguro davvero che se la Puskin abbia intenzione di tradurre tutti i romanzi di questo autore, lo faccia fare al primo traduttore.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: