domenica, gennaio 13, 2019

Review: Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life

Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Some things I learned, some other I doubt but I can think about data manipulation as a way to obtain a certain results and if Piketty does why should he be the only one? Still I found the book lacking of a proper development and asymmetry is not always the point in many of these essays put together for a book more than for a reason. I like (not as a whole) some of the ways that the author explains come concepts, but I sometimes wonder about his choices of what and how to explain.

Alcune cose le ho imparate, altre mi sembrano piuttosto dubbie, ma se é chiaro che si possono manipolare dati per ottenere certi risultati, non é certo detto che sia Piketty l'unico a farlo...Comunque mi sembra che stavolta (paragonato ai precedenti) il libro manchi di una sovrastruttura e piú che di una raccolta di saggi sull'argomento "asimmetria", mi sembra una raccolta di saggi per avere un libro. In generale mi piace come l'autore sceglie di spiegare alcuni argomenti, ma mi chiedo anche cosa ci sia dietro alla scelta dei concetti ed al modo in cui poi li elabora.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: