martedì, novembre 14, 2017

OUT NOW!

Was ist Populismus?Was ist Populismus? by Jan-Werner Müller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Brilliant book that tries to explain a very popolar concept: populism (pun intended). As a political concept that has behind itself no political theory, it's not easy to get to understand exactly what characterizes populism, but it's very sad for me, that Italy is one of the most referred to country to explain the topic....

Libro molto interessante che tenta di spiegare il popolare concetto di populismo (sí, il gioco di parole era voluto). La spiegazione non é semplice, perché il populismo é un concetto politico privo di una teoria politica che lo sorregga, quindi non é facile caratterizzarlo, né tanto meno spiegarlo, ma la cosa peggiore é quanto spesso l'Italia venga comunque portata come esempio.....

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Silent Duke (The 1797 Club, #4)The Silent Duke by Jess Michaels
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think I have read whatever Jess Michaels wrote in the last three years and I have enjoyed all of her books, so this one made no difference and I read it in one sitting of long pleasure.

Penso di aver letto qualsiasi cosa Jess Michaels abbia scritto negli ultimi tre anni e mi sono piaciuti tutti, quindi anche questo non fa differenza e me lo sono gustato in un'unica lunga piacevole seduta.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Orthorexia: When Healthy Eating Goes BadOrthorexia: When Healthy Eating Goes Bad by Renee McGregor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book that I read that is completely dedicated to Orthorexia and I found it very good. I usually read about this disorders related to other eating disorders but this time the author took her time to describe in details and explain the vary hidden meaning of specific behavior. In the end it's not the solution for the problem but it is still a good first step to acknowledge a problem and try to find a solution trough a professional help..

Questo é il primo libro che leggo completamente dedicato all'ortoressia e penso sia fatto molto bene. Fino ad ora si leggeva di ortoressia soltanto collegata ad altri disturbi alimentari, ma stavolta l'autrice si prende il tempo di descriverne i vari aspetti e come possa essere collegata ad altri disturbi e come possa nascondersi dietro comportamenti di solito considerati "normali". Alla fine non é che risolve il problema, ma certamente questo libro é un primo passo per una corretta informazione e la ricerca di una soluzione attraverso un professionista.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Library at the Edge of the World

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I didn't really liked this novel, mostly because it was the same old story told and retold, and I picked it up to review because I thought it was about book, but it's just chick lit and not so entertaining also.

Non mi é piaciuta questa storia, soprattutto perché era trita e ritrita, banalmente scontata, inoltre l'avevo scelta perché pensavo parlasse di libri e invece niente: solo chick lit all'ennesima potenza e nemmeno particolarmente piacevole.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Written World: The Power of Stories to Shape People, History, Civilization

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I followed Prof. Puchner course on EDX and this book was just the natural corollarium. It was interesting to get to reread something new and to crystallize previous knowledge, but if you haven't foollowed his course on World Literature I recommend it because it is one of the most interesting on the MOOC series.

Ho seguito il corso di World Literature del Prof. Puchner su EDX di cui questo libro non è che la summa theologica oltre ad avere nuovi capitoli, quindi é stato molto interessante anche perché c'erano nuovi capitoli e nuovi scrittori, se peró non avete seguito il suo corso fatelo perché é uno tra i migliori MOOC.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Sweet Bean Paste

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Bittersweet novel of a very strange friendship based on dorayaki and sweetbean. The hidden history of Hansen's morb in Japan and the way it changed the life of the sick people. Not a page turner but still a good story.

Romanzo dolceamaro su un'amicizia strana che si basa sui dorayaki e la crema di fagioli azuki. La storia segreta del morbo di Hansen in Giappone e di come cambiava per sempre la vita dei malati. Non avvincente, ma comunque un bel libro.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



Smoke & MirrorsSmoke&Mirrors by Michael Faudet
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Meh...I don't know, after Rupi Kaur I think there is an inflation of this "twitter poems" all around. As I'm far from being a poetry expert I cannot say what really bothered me about this book, but mostly I got this feeling that I could have written something similar on my diary when I was an adolescent, but some I found good enough. Mixed feelings in the end.

Veramente non saprei che dire di questo libro, dopo il successo di Rupi Kaur ritengo ci sia in giro una vera inflazione di questi "twitter poems", ma siccome non sono un'esperta di poesia mi limito a dire che c'é qualcosa, in questo libro, che mi porta a pensare che qualcosa di simile fosse scritto anche sul mio diario di terza media, ma alcune poesie invece mi sono piaciute. Alla fine direi che ho dei sentimenti contrastanti a riguardo.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: