venerdì, giugno 07, 2019

Review: The Overstory

The Overstory The Overstory by Richard Powers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For some crazy reason that still are not clear to me, all the pages that I read, and there were more than 600, led me to think that, even if it seemed impossible, the ending would have been if not happy at last nice. WRONG, the ending, as all the book, was desperate, without hope, or so I read it. Some sort of GOT with trees involved and no dragons. It was still a very good book, but I would have loved and appreciated even a glimpse of hope, somewhere....

Per qualche strana ragione che ancora non mi é chiara, nonostante per tutte le 600 e piú pagine del libro che era sempre piú drammatico, io ho continuato a sperare che la fine avrebbe comunque cambiato le cose e se anche non fosse stata propriamente "felice" non sarebbe stata nemmeno troppo triste. Mi sono proprio sbagliata, il finale é stato assolutamente in linea con il libro, disperato e disperante o comunque cosí l'ho letto io, una specie di GOT con gli alberi al posto degli zombie e soprattutto senza draghi. Per caritá é un bel libro sia chiaro, ma avrei apprezzato un barlume di speranza in qualche pagina.....

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: