domenica, giugno 04, 2023

The Childhood of Jesus by J.M. Coetzee

The Childhood of JesusThe Childhood of Jesus by J.M. Coetzee
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I can imagine that this novel is a metaphor of Jesus' life and so are Simòn and Inés some sort of new Joseph and Mary looking for a new life in a new world with "their" special kid; still it was soo slow that it was a struggle for me to get to the end, and I did it only because Netgalley sent me the sequel to review, which I'm not looking forward to read, but maybe I am wrong.

Posso immaginare che questo romanzo sia una metafora della vita di Gesú, cosí come Simòn d Inés siano dei nuovi Giuseppe e Maria, genitori putativi di questo bambino speciale con il quale cercano di trovare una nuova vita; ciononostante é stato un libro lento e pesante, a cui sono arrivata in fondo solo perché ora netgalley mi ha mandato il seguito da recensire, il che non mi riempie di gioia, ma magari mi sbaglio.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: