martedì, giugno 20, 2023

Review: Mindfulness in Wild Swimming: Meditations on Nature & Flow

Mindfulness in Wild Swimming: Meditations on Nature & Flow Mindfulness in Wild Swimming: Meditations on Nature & Flow by Tessa Wardley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As much as I don't like swimming in open water and love the smell of chlorine to death, it has to be said that, reading this book, I almost felt like trying to swim in the sea (neither rivers nor lakes for goodness sake) and even do it at night and in the rain. Not that I don't appreciate the idea of swimming while there aren't psychopaths around me swimming like they were Olympic Champions while there are more than two of us in the lane, nor do I like hearing the horrible music of the ladies of the acquagym, but the idea of sharing my aquatic space with fish, seaweed or slime, disgusts me even more, but I guess everyone knows what is best for himself.

Per quanto io non ami nuotare in acque libere e ami alla follia l'odore del cloro, c'é da dire che, leggendo questo libro, mi é quasi venuta voglia di provare a nuotare nel mare (né fiumi né laghi per caritá) e di farlo anche la notte e nelle pioggia. Non che io non apprezzi l'idea di nuotare mentre attorno a me non ci sono degli psicopatici che fanno il delfino e la virata mentre in corsia siamo piú di due, né tantomeno evitare di sentire la musichetta orribile delle signore dell'acquagym, ma l'idea di condividere il mio spazio acquatico con dei pesci, delle alghe o della melma, mi schifa ancora di piú, ma immagino che ognuno sappia cosa é meglio per sé.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: