giovedì, novembre 04, 2021

Beginners by Raymond Carver

Beginners

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say that I'm delighted that I read this original version of Carver's "What we talk about when we talk about love" because from the critics I've read, there's no really Carver in the edited version. So I love many of these short stories and I suggest to everybody interested to skip the famous book and goes directly to this one.

Devo dire che sono stata fortunata a non leggere il piú famoso "Di cosa parliamo quando parliamo d'amore" che non é altro che la versione rivista e corretta di questo Beginners, che invece, a detta di chi li ha letti entrambi, é un Carver originale e molto molto meno editato. Quindi parecchie di queste storie mi sono piaciute molto e suggerisco a chiunque sia interessato a Carver, di passare da questo libro o da Cattedrale, piuttosto che dal libro revisionato.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS AND VINTAGE FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: