domenica, agosto 05, 2018

The First Bad Man by Miranda July

The First Bad Man

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It took me a lot of time to read this book, although it is not particularly long, and the author writes well, as I knew since the beginning. The problem is the subject matter, that I can not even define, maybe a history of psychopathology that somehow finds a way to evolve in a very incredible "and they lived happily ever after." However, the characters, as always in the case of July, are all "human beings with serious problems", but they balance each other to the point of becoming also funny and the book also makes you laugh, except that a few times, in my view, of course, it becomes too much. I would not recommend and would not give it as a present, but I'm glad to have read it.

Ho impiegato parecchio tempo a leggere questo libro, nonostante non sia particolarmente lungo e l'autrice scrive bene, come sapevo da tempo. Il problema é l'argomento trattato, che non saprei nemmeno definire, magari una storia di psicopatologia che in qualche modo trova un modo per evolvere in un poco credibile "e vissero felici e contenti". Comunque i personaggi, come sempre nel caso della July, sono tutti casi umani, ma si equilibrano tra loro al punto di diventare anche divertenti e il libro fa anche ridere, se non fosse che alcune volte, a mio modo di vedere ovviamente, diventa troppo eccessivo. Non lo consiglierei e non lo regalerei, peró sono contenta di averlo letto.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND SCRIBNER FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: