giovedì, gennaio 19, 2017

OUT THIS WEEK!

Batman, Volume 1: I Am Gotham

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It was ok, but I have to admit I was a little bit disappointed by the story, too much drama with the two Gotham brother and sister. Looking forward the next installment anyway, Batman is Batman.

Non era male, ma un po' troppo drammatico per i miei gusti con i fratelli Gotham. Comunque non vedo lora di leggere il prossimo numero ugualmente, perché Batman é Batman....

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Like Death

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Maupassant is, in my opinion, one of the best writer to depict the various faces of love and the despair that usually goes along with it. Olivier is not a character I would easily forget in his being so human and so stereotypical exactly like Anne and their story is not something special, still the book is almost unforgettable. The words used by Maupassant have the capacity to give beauty to something so trivial that's unbelievable. A must read.

Secondo me Maupassant é uno degli scrittori piú bravi a parlare dell'amore, di tutte le sue sfaccettature e della tragedia che di solito lo accompagna. Olivier non é un personaggio che dimenticheró presto nel suo essere cosí meschinamente umano, esattamente come Anne, e la loro é una storia tipica e piena di stereotipi, ma il libro resta comunque indimenticabile. Le parole che usa Maupassant (anche in questa traduzione inglese) hanno la capacitá di rendere bello anche qualcosa di cosí "normale" come quello che accade nel libro tanto da sembrare incredibile. Da leggere assolutamente.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



Making Sense of Weather and Climate: The Science Behind the ForecastsMaking Sense of Weather and Climate: The Science Behind the Forecasts by Mark Denny
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As I think almost everybody, I've always wondered about the weather forecast and their "special magic". This book helped me to understand the way it works and all the variables that are involved in this really complicated process. This manual can be really complicated but still the author try to find a way to explain how it works, brilliant and interesting.

Come penso la maggior parte delle persone, mi sono sempre chiesta come funzionino le "magiche previsioni del tempo" e questo libro mi aiutato a capire il grado di complessitá del tutto, che a causa del numero di variabili é veramente quasi una magia. Questo manuale non é facile, ma l'autore fa di tutto per cercare di rendere chiaro come funzionano le previsioni e rende il testo interessante.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Aquaman, Volume 1: The Drowning

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Even with this sickening sense of deja vu I appreciated the story a lot, it was well illustrated and the pace was good, still I'm wondering if is there ever be an ending of the war between superfriends....

Nonostante avessi un nauseante senso di deja vu, la storia mi é piaciuta, era ben disegnata e con un buon ritmo, peró non posso fare a meno di chiedermi se non ci sará mai una fine alla battaglia tra i superamici....

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: