sabato, ottobre 22, 2016

The Birds: and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier

The Birds: and Other Stories

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Daphne du Maurier is my new literary heroine! After I fell in love with Rebecca and with her having wandered through the halls of Manderly, I discovered how big was the difference between her "Birds" and those of Hitchcock, who, let me tell you, loses in comparison. There are other stories including the first and longest "Monte Veritá" that left me with a subtle and persistent anxiety also due to the various twists in some of the plots.

Daphne du Maurier é la mia nuova eroina letteraria! Dopo essermi innamorata di Rebecca e aver vagato con lei per i corridoi di Manderly, ho scoperto quale grande differenza ci fosse tra i suoi "Uccelli" e quelli di Hitchcock, che, lasciatemelo dire, perde nel confronto. Ci sono altri racconti tra cui il primo e piú lungo che lasciano una sottilissima e perdurante inquietudine anche dovuta ai vari colpi di scena in alcune delle trame.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND LITTLE, BROWN AND COMPANY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: