lunedì, luglio 18, 2016

USCIRANNO IN MIA ASSENZA:

Known and Strange Things: Essays

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A collection of essays divided in three parts: the first one mostly about books and writers, the second about photography, photojournalism and photographers and the third and last one about places. I loved the first and the last, but what really left me sad were the essays about Rome and the one about the wall between Mexico and U.S. In the end, as usual, Teju Cole is a great writer with a poor sight.

Una collezione di saggi suddivisa in tre parti: la prima tratta soprattutto di libri e scrittori, la seconda di foto, fotografi e fotogiornalismo e la terza racconta di posti. La prima e l'ultima sono le mie parti preferite, anche se i due saggi della terza parte che parlano di Roma e del muro tra il Messico e gli Stati Uniti, mi hanno veramente colpito in senso negativo. Come al solito Teju Cole si conferma un grande scrittore con una forte miopia.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND RANDOM HOUSE PUBLISHING GROUP - RANDOM HOUSE FOR THE PREVIEW!

The Bookshop on the Corner

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's a nice chick lit book, with books involved which is something I adore and make books better always. The plot is not so convoluted but it's still an enjoyable reading.

È un libro carino, pura chick-lit, che prevede librerie mobili e che rende il tutto, secondo me, piú godibile. La trama é piuttosto scontata, ma resta una lettura piacevole.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS AND WILLIAM MORROW PAPERBACKS FOR THE PREVIEW!

The Highlander (Victorian Rebels, #3)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love this series by Kerrigan Byrne, this book was also interesting to get to know how in the past, rich families used to send "useless relatives" to mental asylum, which is one of the scariest thought ever.
Mona and Liam are a good couple and their story is really compelling, so I read it in one night and it was worthy losing the sleep.

Mi piace molto questa serie di Kerrigan Byrne e inoltre questo libro mi ha interessato particolarmente perché spiega come era solito ai tempi, internare in manicomio mogli o parenti che "non erano piú utili", che a pensarci bene é una cosa veramente spaventosa. Mona e Liam sono una bella coppia e la storia mi é piaciuta a tal punto che me la sono letta in una notte ed é valsa la pena di perdere il sonno.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ST.MARTIN'S PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!

Highland Temptation (Highland Knights, #3)Highland Temptation by Jennifer Haymore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this book, but I'm going to stop reading this series, Emilia and Colin were the last couple I was interested in and I have no reason to keep on reading because at the beginning the Highland Knights were an interesting news, but in the end the plots are not so interesting anymore, but it was good till it lasted.

Mi é piaciuto questo libro, ma sará comunque l'ultimo che leggo di questa serie perché con Emilia e Colin ho perduto tutto l'interesse che avevano per me gli Higland Knights. Partiti come una bella novitá, alla fine le trame sono diventate piuttosto scontate, ma é stata bella finché é durata.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND RANDOM HOUSE PUBLISHING GROUP - LOVESWEPT FOR THE PREVIEW!

A Taste of Seduction (The Disgraced Lords, #5)

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I didn't like this book as i loved the previous one, I'm only going forward because the next one should be the last of this series. Evangeline and Hadley let mean people separate them, but it doesn't really seem that they were convinced of each other, the way they let go of each other, specially Hadley, made me think he just wasn't man enough. Anyway I'm looking forward to the story of Isabel and I hope it comes soon, because I can't wait to see the end of all this ordeal.

Questo 5° volume della serie non mi é piaciuto quanto gli altri, anzi, l'ho letto solo per arrivare a capire di piú della mente diabolica dietro a tutta la trama. Evangeline ed Hadley sono stati poco convincenti sin dall'inizio, anche perché lui ha permesso che lei gli fosse portata via senza sospettare proprio niente, coniglio. Comunque ora non vedo l'ora di leggere la storia di Isabel e spero che arrivi presto perché voglio proprio vedere come andrá a finire il tutto.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND RANDOM HOUSE PUBLISHING GROUP - LOVESWEPT FOR THE PREVIEW!

Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss, #4)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Abe and Sarah are long known to the readers of this series and they eventually have their happy ending here in this book. I was not so sure what I would have done were I Sarah, probably try to be as far as I could, but ok, there wouldn't have been any story this way. I loved the first 3 books of Rock kiss (the first 2 and the novella) but these last two left me a little bit disappointed because usually, Nalini Singh is far from being so obvious and banal, but she writes in a very good way, so it's not hard to read her books even wen the plot is lacking.

Abe e Sarah sono una vecchia conoscenza per i lettori di questa serie, e stavolta é il loro turno per l'happy ending. Non sono sicura cosa avrei fatto io nei panni di Sarah, probabilmente sarei stata lontana da Abe il piú possibile, ma in questo caso ovviamente, non ci sarebbe stata la storia. Per concludere di questa serie mi sono piaciuti i primi due libri e la novella, gli ultimi due volumi mi hanno lasciata piuttosto freddina, non é tipico di Nalini Singh essere cosí banale e scontata, ma siccome scrive bene non é difficile finire i suoi libri, anche quando la trama lascia un po' a desiderare.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND TKA DISTRIBUTIONS FOR THE PREVIEW!

The Right Kind of Trouble (The McKays, #3)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Eventually came the end of this real nice trilogy, a mix of romance and suspance. Gideon and Moira have their well-earned happy ending and we find out the culprit. A very good reading.

Alla fine abbiamo la conclusione di questa trilogia che é stata un mix tra il giallo e la storia d'amore. Gideon e Moira finalmente arrivano al loro veramente un po' troppo sospirato lieto fine e abbiamo anche le conferme sul colpevole degli omicidi e "incidenti" accaduti fino a quel momento. Una buona lettura.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ST.MARTIN'S PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: