martedì, gennaio 24, 2017

OUT TODAY:

Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I like this stories from the series Heartbreaker Bay because you get exactly what you think, and even in this third (excluding the novella) the story is consistent and the characters are good developed. Plus they have a lot of chemistry and their story was building up since the first book. So a good enjoyable reading.

Mi piace questa serie "Heartbreaker Bay" perché é esattamente quello che penso che sia, e anche in questo terzo volume (novella esclusa), la storia ha un senso e i personaggi sono ben sviluppati. Inoltre sono "chimicamente" molto compatibili, come sappiamo dal primo volume. Quindi una lettura divertente e piacevole.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!


Reality Is Not What It Seems: The Journey to Quantum GravityReality Is Not What It Seems: The Journey to Quantum Gravity by Carlo Rovelli
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't understand how writing a book about physics from Democritus till nowadays Rovelli forgot to mention Fermi, but anyway the book is clearly written and interesting.

Non mi spiego come Rovelli, in un libro che spiega le scoperte della fisica partendo da Democrito e arrivando ai giorni nostri, riesca a non nominare mai Enrico Fermi. Detto questo il libro é chiaro ed interessante.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this book a lot, much more compared to the last 3, so I dare to hope that Darynda Jones is back to her old self and trying to get this series to an end would not be so bad also. The plot thickens and the characters are so funny that sometimes I started laughing in my bed whole reading. The problems are the one we already know, but the story ends with such a cliffhanger, that left me speechless.

Questo libro mi é piaciuto molto piú degli ultimi tre, quindi mi piace pensare che Darynda Jones sia tornata in se stessa e magari non mi dispiacerebbe se stesse pensando anche di dare una fine a questa serie. La trama s'infittisce e i personaggi sono talmente simpatici che a volte mi mettevo a ridere nel letto mentre leggevo. I problemi sono quelli che conosciamo, ma il libro finisce con un tale colpo di scena che sono ancora senza parole.



Attending: Medicine, Mindfulness, and Humanity

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mindfulness applied to doctors and medicine, to help them listen to their patient and trying to be, sometimes, more "human", because being a doctor is hard and takes a toll on everybody who is a professional. I would recommend this book to all my friends who are doctors or studying to become one, and even to my psychologist and psychotherapist friend.

La mindfulness utilizzata in ambito medico e dai dottori, in modo da aiutarli ad ascoltare i loro pazienti e provare ad essere a volte piú "Umani", perché fare il dottore é difficile e stancante per ogni professionista. Farei leggere questo libro a tutti i miei amici medici o sulla strada per divenirlo e anche agli psicologi e agli psicoterapeuti.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1)Moonshadow by Thea Harrison
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was a little bit disappointed in this story, mostly because I don't really like couples who stay together when they are always fighting, even if they have the power of made up sex behind them; that's why in the I was fed up with the constant bickering of Sophia and Nikolas, even if the background story was not bad at all. Still thinking if I will keep on reading this series.....

Non é che questa storia mi sia poi piaciuta un granché, soprattutto perché non ho mai creduto nelle coppie che stanno assieme solo perché, anche se litigano in continuazione, poi fanno pace alla grande a letto; questa credo sia anche la ragione per cui i dialoghi tra Sophia e Nikolas mi hanno esasperato anche se la storia sullo sfondo non era male per niente. Devo ancora decidere cosa fare di questa serie...

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: