domenica, maggio 08, 2022

The Happy Marriage by Tahar Ben Jelloun

The Happy Marriage

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings about this book and I have to admit mostly because I didn't connect nor understand the characters, specially the husband, but the duplicitous wife is not high on my list also. I have to say that I was expecting something different from this book, I thought was an happy book but it is soooo not that the case, but in the end there is a lot of food for the thoughts so I was happy to read it.

Ho dei sentimenti contrastanti nei confronti di questo libro, principalmente perché i personaggi principali non mi sono piaciuti, specialmente il marito, ma anche Amina, la moglie "sottile" non é proprio nella mia top ten. Comunque devo ammettere che siccome mi aspettavo qualcosa di diverso e di fondamentalemente felice (il titolo era da leggere in modo sarcastico, ma io non lo sapevo) era chiaro che la delusione sarebbe stata in agguato, ma almeno mi ha dato da pensare.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS AND MELVILLE HOUSE FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: