venerdì, maggio 20, 2022

Review: Harlem Shuffle

Harlem Shuffle Harlem Shuffle by Colson Whitehead
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't consider myself an expert on C. Whitehead partly because I've only read three of his books, but I certainly wasn't expecting this one, which seems almost like a funny book, as much as there are tragic moments as well. Let's just say that I was so taken aback by the plot that I can't really tell if I'm disappointed by my own expectations because I thought it would be a different book or if, on the contrary, I didn't like it that much, regardless of what I was expecting.

Non mi considero un'esperta di C. Whitehead anche perché ho letto solo tre dei suoi libri, ma certamente non mi aspettavo questo, che sembra quasi un libro comico, per quanto ci siano anche momenti tragici. Diciamo pure che la trama mi ha talmente preso in contropiede che non saprei ben stabilire se sono delusa dalle mie stesse aspettative perché lo pensavo un libro diverso o se invece, non é che mi sia poi piaciuto tanto, a prescindere da quello che mi aspettavo.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: