martedì, aprile 27, 2021

Review: Klara and the Sun

Klara and the Sun Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't want to spoil anything, but this book made me think a lot about "Never Let Me Go" and for several reasons. Once again the narrator leaves much to the imagination and it is up to us to reconstruct the world around our characters. But unlike the book that became famous for being a movie, this time I think the narrative does not take off immediately, indeed, the first part is rather slow, then there is a central peak that leads to the conclusion rather predictable and decidedly fable-like. Too bad, because in my opinion with these premises, the development could have been much better, but who am I to criticize an Nobel Prize winner for literature?

Non voglio spoilerare niente, ma questo libro ricorda molto, almeno secondo me, "Never let me go" e per varie ragioni. Ancora una volta la voce narrante lascia molto all'immaginazione e sta a noi ricostruire il mondo che circonda i nostri personaggi. A differenza peró del libro che é diventato famoso per essere un film, stavolta secondo me la narrazione non decolla subito, anzi, la prima parte é piuttosto lenta, poi c'é un picco centrale che porta alla conclusione piuttosto scontata e decisamente favolistica. Peccato, perché secondo me con queste premesse, lo svolgimento avrebbe potuto essere decisamente migliore, ma chi sono io per criticare un premio Nobel per la letteratura?

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: