venerdì, gennaio 08, 2021

The Harder They Come by T.C. Boyle

The Harder They ComeThe Harder They Come by T.C. Boyle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As usual there is something that doesn't switch between me and T.C.Boyle and as usual, the main characters are not the people I think, at last at the beginning. This story is well written and is probably a huge critic towards U.S., but if I stay on the plot I have to admit that more than once I kept my distance with the characters because I didn't like them, and that is probably the reason why this novel can be a rally huge masterpiece but still I wouldn't notice.

Come sempre qualcosa non è scattato tra me e T.C.Boyle e come sempre i personaggi che credevo sarebbero stati i principali, nel corso del libro sono cambiati. Questa storia é ovviamente ben scritta e probabilmente (anzi quasi sicuramente) anche una grande critica nei confronti degli Stati Uniti, ma se rimaniamo strettamente sulla trama, devo ammettere che più di una volta ho mantenuto le distanze dai personaggi, perché non mi piacevano; questa è sicuramente anche la ragione per cui, anche se questo romanzo fosse un capolavoro, io probabilmente non me ne sarei accorta.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ)FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: