martedì, gennaio 14, 2020

Review: Hitting a Straight Lick with a Crooked Stick: Stories from the Harlem Renaissance

Hitting a Straight Lick with a Crooked Stick: Stories from the Harlem Renaissance Hitting a Straight Lick with a Crooked Stick: Stories from the Harlem Renaissance by Zora Neale Hurston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Zola Neale Hurston has long been one of my favorite writers and even this collection of stories has not disappointed me. I admit the usual difficulty in understanding the language spoken in direct speech, which most of the time I can only intuit, but her stories are, once again, memorable and they make me imagine almost perfectly that America of a century ago.

Zola Neale Hurston é da tempo una delle mie scrittrici preferite e anche questa sua raccolta di storie non mi ha deluso. Ammetto la solita difficoltá nel comprendere la lingua parlata nei discorsi diretti, che il piú delle volte mi limito ad intuire, ció non toglie che i suoi racconti sono, ancora una volta, memorabili e riescono a farmi immaginare in modo quasi perfetto quell'America di un secolo fa.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE ADRC!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: