martedì, maggio 22, 2018

OUT NOW!

A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There is something missing in this book, I am not exactly sure about what is it, but the first trilogy (plus the novella) were to me much more fast pacing and funny in the end, this novel seems to brag on and on and on....I would give the author another chance of course, but this one was a disappointment.

C'è qualcosa che non va con questo libro e non sono nemmeno sicura di riuscire ad identificare esattamente cosa sia, sta di fatto che la prima trilogia (con l'aggiunta della novella) era molto più divertente e veloce, mentre questa storia sembra trascinarsi all'infinito. Sicuramente darò all'autrice un'altra chance, ma questa resta una delusione.



Laurie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A widower, a puppy and a crocodile. 30 pages for a great story.



Not His Werewolf (Not This, #2)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This series of Annie Nicholas is growing on me very fast, unluckily I still have only another one to read, but through the grapevine I heard that the book with the gargoyle is almost ready :)

Questa serie di Annie Nicholas mi sta piacendo sempre di piú, anche se purtroppo ora me ne manca solo uno da leggere, comunque "ho sentito" che il libro sul gargoyle é quasi pronto... :)



Die Welt im Rücken

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ich bin nicht sicher, ob mir dieses Buch gefallen hat; vor allem, weil es mir als Psychotherapeut in mancher Hinsicht nicht so überzeugt hat. Aber sicher bin ich falsch, weil, für jede Person, die manischen Phasen sowie diejenigen der Depression unterschiedlich sind.

Non sono sicura che questo libro mi sia piaciuto, soprattutto perché come psicoterapeuta per certi versi non mi ha convinto più di tanto. Ma sicuramente mi sbaglio, anche perché, per ogni persona le fasi di mania come anche quelle della depressione sono diverse.



Not His Vampire (Not This, #3)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not as funny as the other two, but still ok. Looking forward to the Nick the Gargoyle's book!

Non tanto divertente come i precedenti due libri, ma tutto sommato si faceva leggere tranquillamente. Ora aspetto il libro su Nick il gargoyle.



Homegoing

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Such a beautiful book doesn't pass through my hands so often, so when it does is an absolute pleasure and I try to male the enjoyment last, but in the end it lasts always not enough. The story of two sisters who are separated since the beginning, the History trough the life of their offsprings and their complicated relationships, plus the writing of the author made this an unforgettable book.

Un libro cosí bello non mi capita spesso tra le mani, quindi quando capita faccio di tutto per farlo durare, ma non é mai abbastanza. La storia di due sorelle separate alla nascita, la Storia vista attraverso la vita e le complicate relazioni dei loro discendenti, unita alla scrittura dell'autrice, rendono questo un romanzo indimenticabile.


The Epic of Gilgamesh

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The best way to make Gilgamesh famous again goes through this graphic novel. I already read the book a couple of years before so I was happy to refresh my memories.

Il modo migliore di far tornare Gilgamesh in auge passa da questa graphic novel. Avendo io letto il libro un paio di anni fa, sono stata contenta di rinfrescare i ricordi in questo modo.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!


Mindfulness in Music: Notes on Finding Life's Rhythm

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Astonishing book that develops a new way to listen to music. I am not even sure I understood everything but what I got was very interesting. A recommended reading.

Libro molto affascinante che sviluppa un nuovo modo per ascoltare la musica. Non sono sicura nemmeno di aver capito tutto, ma quello che mi é rimasto in mente é veramente interessante. Una lettura obbligata.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!


Book Towns: Forty Five Paradises of the Printed Word

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A coffee table book that I particularly enjoyed due to the topic. Some pictures are really good and one of my dream is to visit them all.

Un libro da tavolino che mi é piaciuto particolarmente per via dell'argomento che tratta. Alcune immagini sono veramente belle e uno dei miei sogni nel cassetto consiste nel visitare tutti questi posti.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!


The Big Book of Hap and Leonard

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As usual I enjoyed the stories of Hap & Leonard, mostly because to me they are like some old friends that I love to meet again.

Come al solito le storie di Hap e Leonard mi sono piaciute e mi hanno divertito perché ormai, per me é come reincontrare dei vecchi amici.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!


Know It All Anthropology: The 50 Most Important Ideas in Anthropology, Each Explained in Under a Minute

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Interesting little handbook about anthropology and its most important scientists. If you know nothing about the topic, this book is an easy was to get to know the subject.

Interessante piccolo manuale sull'antropologia e sulle sue figure primarie. Se l'argomento vi é completamente sconosciuto, questo potrebbe essere un facile approccio.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!


The Duke of Hearts (The 1797 Club)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm a sucker for the love stories full of misunderstandings and mistrusts till the happy ending of course! Matthew and Isabel have such a strong passion but can it lead to real love or is it impossible. I loved this book and read it very fast till the end and, as it usually is with Jess Michael's books, I truly enjoyed it!

Le storie d'amore piene di dubbi, supposti tradimenti e fraintendimenti sono in assoluto le mie preferite e Matthew ed Isabel sono una di quelle coppie che condividono una forte passione che non si basa su niente di reale....Questo libro, come anche i precedenti dell'autrice, mi é piaciuto un sacco e l'ho letto tutto d'un fiato!


Nessun commento: